Kirkland Signature OPTIFIBER, 25.6 Ounces 190 Servings
- Natural Fiber Supplement
- Completely Dissolves in Water
- Non-Thickening and Grit-Free
- 190 Servings
*** Product Details:
Kirkland Signature Optifiber™ is an easy way to add fiber to your diet. Many Americans are not getting an adequate amount of this important nutrient from their diets alone. Optifiber™ quickly dissolves in hot or cold beverages and is flavor-free, sugar free and non-thickening so you can easily add it to your favorite foods without even noticing! Our fiber is even grit-free so you can easily stir it into foods like yogurt and oatmeal to boost the fiber content without changing the taste. Each serving provides a good source of fiber to support a healthy digestive system.†
• Natural Prebiotic
• Good Source of Fiber
• Supports a healthy digestive system†
• Sugar-free, flavor-free, grit-free
• Add to your favorite foods and drinks without even noticing!
- National survey data indicates adult males are getting an average of 19-20 g fiber per day with females only getting 16-18 g per day. Fiber can be found in a wide variety of minimally-processed plant foods such as whole grains, legumes, fruits, vegetables, nuts and seeds.
- Generally, fiber is a type of complex carbohydrate or long chain of sugar molecules arranged in a special way to make them inaccessible to human enzymes. Enzymes are substances which facilitate chemical reactions in the body.
- Fibers can be intrinsic and intact in plants, or in some cases, isolated, extracted or manufactured.3 There are several different types of fiber characterized by differences in solubility, viscosity and fermentability. Differences in these characteristics impact the effects fiber has in the body.4
Insoluble fibers tend to add roughage to the diet to help speed up the removal of waste from the digestive system. Very viscous soluble fibers thicken when mixed with fluids and tend to slow digestion for more balanced nutrient absorption. Only fermentable fibers can serve as food for the friendly bacteria residing in the GI tract, also referred to as the gut microbiome.
- In order to get all of the various benefits of fiber, it is important to eat a wide variety of fiber-rich foods.
+ Fiber is widely recognized as an important part of a healthy diet. However, many adults are not getting the recommened amounts of fiber on a daily basis.1 The Institute of Medicine (IOM) recommends adult males and females consume 14 g dietary fiber per 1,000 kcal. This equates to 28 g of fiber for the typical 2,000 k cal diet.
***SUGGESTED USE: Stir two (2) teaspoons of Optifiber into at least 4 oz of any non-carbonated beverage or soft food. Stir until dissolved. Adults and children 12 and over: Not to exceed 5 servings per day. Children 7-11 year of age: Not to exceed 3 servings per day. Children under 6 years of age: Consult your doctor before use.
US product guarantee
Optimized package shipping from US
Buy now, get in 15 days