Nature Made Iron 65 mg., 365 Tablets
- This Item is Only Available for Purchase at your Local Costco Warehouse
- Equivalent to 325 mg. Ferrous Sulfate
- Vital For Red Blood Cell Formation
- For Iron Deficiency Take 1 Tablet Daily With Water and a Meal
- USP Verified
*** Product Overview
- Iron is an essential part of hemoglobin, the protein substance which enables red blood cells to carry oxygen through the body.1,† Without oxygen, cells cannot function properly which can lead to fatigue and a lack of energy.
- Nature Made Iron 65 mg helps individuals lacking in iron, meet their nutrient needs for this essential mineral.† 1 in 10 US adult premenopausal women (ages 15 - 49yrs) are deficient in iron.*
- Each tablet contains 65 mg Elemental Iron (Equivalent to 325 mg of Ferrous Sulfate Heptahydrate)
- Vital for red blood cell formation†
- #1 Pharmacist Recommended Vitamin and Supplement Brand**
*** What is the recommended daily intake?
- The recommended intake of iron varies between men and women of child-bearing age due to the iron losses which occur during menstruation.
- The Recommended Dietary Allowance (RDA) for iron is 8 mg per day for men while the RDA is 18 mg per day for premenopausal women.2
- If you are pregnant the recommended iron intake increases to 27 mg per day, then lowers to 9 mg per day if you are breastfeeding. After age 50 your recommended iron intake is only 8 mg per day.
*** Symptoms of iron deficiency
- Iron-deficiency anemia is the most common nutritional deficiency worldwide and the most common cause of anemia in the United States, especially among children and women during their childbearing years. Deficiency may result from poor diet, impaired absorption, blood loss, or repeated pregnancies.
- Symptoms of anemia include fatigue, poor concentration, and an increase in colds and infections. Iron also helps strengthen the immune system and helps in the manufacturing of collagen, a protein that builds connective tissues.† If an iron deficiency or anemia is suspected, a blood test can determine iron status.
*** What effects of iron absorption?
- Iron is better absorbed when consumed with a vitamin C source (oranges, etc.).†
- Absorption of plant-based sources of iron can be affected by different foods that are present in the same meal. Foods like nuts, whole grains, and seeds can inhibit absorption of iron.
*** Food sources
- There are two forms of dietary iron: Fish and animal and plant-based.
- Liver, oysters, shellfish, kidney, heart, lean meat, poultry and fish are the best absorbed sources of fish and animal iron.
- Dried beans, dried fruits, black-strap molasses, dark green leafy vegetables, prune juice, iron fortified cereals and kidney beans are good sources of plant-based iron.
*** Suggested Use:Adults, for iron deficiency, take 1 tablet daily with water and a meal.
US product guarantee
Optimized package shipping from US
Buy now, get in 15 days